Tuesday 7 February 2017

Debbie shore Bucket bags

Today i am sharing 2 bags that I made using the bucket bag pattern on Debbie Shores sew handy cd rom.

The first one i made was camper van fabrics. Riley blake keep on groovin. I love the vibrant colours, oranges and blues. The tie dye type fabric I have used for some of the inside pockets was fabric from my own stash and the plain blue fabric is a moda basic fabric. 

I used boast foam wadding inside my bags as this gives it the structure it needs. Normal wadding would be fine but it wouldn't stand up by itself. 

The instructions to this bag, like most of Debbie's patterns are well wrote so was easy enough to follow. The hardest part about constructing this bag was the fact that the basal foam is thick so some areas where quite tricky to sew.

The second bag i Made was using Riley black fabric again, this time some of the fabrics from the fancy and fabulous collection. I am not 100% sure on what collection or designer some of the fabrics are from.


I think this bag suits bright and bold colours which is why I like my camper van one the best but I do love the vintage feel from the softer colours I have used on the other bag. 

All the fabrics and wadding for these two bags I bought from a lovely little fabric shop in Doncaster called From rags to stitches. They had so many different fabrics to choose from it was hard to pick! 

If you want to use any of the fabrics I have used in these two particular bags the links are below. 

http://www.fromragstostitches.co.uk/product-category/fabrics/riley-blake/keep-on-groovin/
http://www.fromragstostitches.co.uk/product-category/fabrics/riley-blake/fancy-and-fabulous/page/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment