Thursday 7 July 2016

Crafters Companion July Projects- Summer Project- Beach Bag

For my July Project I was asked to make a summer themed project. As I make a lot of bags the first thing to spring to mind was a beach bag!

I wanted the perfect pattern that would be great to use as a beach bag. I decided on one of Debbie Shores Patterns from High Style Handbags. I thought that the 'cats out of the bag' one would do perfectly.


Instead of the cat appliqué I used my cottage appliqué die form Debbie Shore and made it into a beach hut! I used some of the adorn it fabric for the lining and used linen look fabric for the outer of the bag.


This was a really good make and would say it would be perfect for someone who hasn't made any bags before or not made many.

It definitely has that beach theme I was after.

Click on the photos before for the links to the products I have used.


 Debbie Shore High Style Handbags CD_ROM
 Cottage Applique Die set by Debbie Shorw
Cottage Applique Die set by Debbie Shore


                                                         Adorn it fabric- ecstatic dots










No comments:

Post a Comment