Tuesday 12 January 2016

Debbie shore satchel bag pattern

I have recently made a satchel bag using a Debbie Shore pattern that came free with her sew inspired magazine , issue 2. I used a new type of wadding/interfacing called bolsal which is like a foam, I thought with it being thick it wouldn't be nice to sew with but it was quite the opposite.

I used a plain linen and then a contrast linen and then a cotton on a bright red print for the lining. The strap is adjustable and then it fastens with 2 magnetic snaps.

I always read through a pattern before I start sewing so I know exactly what I'm doing and the instructions are very clear. My only issue is that the requirements list doesn't tell you enough. For example it says quarter of a metre of contrast fabric but this is for the lining also but there wouldn't be enough but I bought a different fabric for the lining anyway which I got 1/2 metre so just bear that in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Hi I started making the satchel I prefer go follow Debbie's videos as I don't think the written instructions are as clear, I struggled with Sewing around the magnetic fasteners with a zipper foot and do think the straps should maybe be a bit wider so they would be easier to see found, also the diagram didn't show properly where go sew leaving the 3 " Debbie mentions. I be put mine away and will finish it another time, I agree with u on the fabric requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I started making the satchel I prefer go follow Debbie's videos as I don't think the written instructions are as clear, I struggled with Sewing around the magnetic fasteners with a zipper foot and do think the straps should maybe be a bit wider so they would be easier to see found, also the diagram didn't show properly where go sew leaving the 3 " Debbie mentions. I be put mine away and will finish it another time, I agree with u on the fabric requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the video tutorials Debbie does are fantastic I have the hight style handbags cd rom and even though I haven't made anything off there yet I have watched some of the videos and her YouTube videos are also great.

    ReplyDelete