Tuesday 26 January 2016

More fabric shopping

Today me and my mum went fabric shopping at oh sew sweet shop again but this time at their Wombwell shop.

I went knowing exactly what I wanted to make so that I knew how much fabric was needed.

I am wanting to have a go at making the sew together bags that seem to be very popular within the sewing world.

My first choice was the beautiful metalic butterfly fabric in the first picture, this is for the outer of the bag,  I then chose three contrasting colours in a print but as you can see they are all the same print.

I then didn't know what to choose for another sew together bag as I was spoiled for choice but as I was at the cutting table I saw some fabric that they had just got in and they where cutting them into fat quarters. The fabric is by Lewis and Irene and as you can see in the second and third picture they have a Chinese new year theme to them which I thought was different and I adore the fabric with the pandas on.

Lastly, I needed interfacing and was shown a new interfacing that has diagonal quilting lines on as a guide for quilting so I thought I could quilt the outer of my bags !

So that was all I bought today but I know I will be going back for more fabric very soon. Keep popping back to my blog as I will most deffinatly be blogging about my sew together bags.

If you would like to check out oh sew sweet shop please find their online shop below.

www.ohsewsweetshop.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment