Monday 23 January 2017

Crafters Companion December Project- Christmas gift- Twice as nice purse

Today I am sharing my other December project for Crafters Companion with you. My brief for this project was a Christmas gift of my choice.

After seeing the Debbie Shore twice as nice purse kit a while ago I thought that would make the perfect gift for someone for Christmas.

Don't forget this would make the perfect gift all year round too.


I was a bit skeptical about this at first with their being a clasp inside the clasp and even though I have been sewing for several years now and have made coin purses before I haven't made any like this. 

I think this proves we underestimate what we can do sometimes and with a little patience we can put our mind to it.

I used fabric from Dashwood studios which hasn't been on the site for long but it makes such lovely projects. I used seeded cotton/calico as the contrast as I wanted something neutral and that would make the navy flower print stand out.

I was so behind with blogging these projects I have already finished my January projects so look out for those being posted this week.

Unfortunately the particualr fabric I used is out of stock but there is plenty more fabric on the website to choose from, any of these fabrics would look great. 







No comments:

Post a Comment