Tuesday 17 January 2017

Crafters companion Design team project- December Christmas project

Today I am going to share with you what I made for Crafters companion for my December project. The theme I had was a christmas project of my choice.

My first ideas brought me straight to Debbie Shore's half yard Christmas book. I wanted to make something that you could put a gift into and decided on the christmas sack.

I wanted something that would look very rustic and traditional and knew I wanted to use hessian straight away. Although they don't sell this on the Crafters Companion website I bought mine from a local fabric shop and it is easily available online.



For the appliqué present on the front I followed the instructions in the book and used a Christmas fat quarter bundle which I will list below. I also used this bundle for the lining which actually shows through like a binding at the top as you can see in the photo.

For my embellishments I used lace to tie it up which is what I had in my stash and then I used red and white stripe ribbon from my local fabric shop.

I loved the way this turned out, it is exactly what I pictured in my head.

Don't forget this doesn't just have to be a Christmas project. Use other fabrics to make a present sack for a birthday gift or even valentines day since that's only just around the corner.

Happy sewing!


They don't seem to have the christmas fat quarters on the website anymore but they have lots of others to choose from how about this one for a birthday sack instead.
celebration fat quarters



Half yard Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment