Saturday 28 January 2017

Crafters Companion Chesterfield store. Review and what I bought

Hi everyone, so on Thursday we made a little trip down to Chesterfield to go to the Crafters Companion store. I have already been quite a few times already as it's only around a 40 minute drive from where I live.

I love being able to go to the shop, don't get me wrong I think the website is fabulous and has lots of things on there but when it comes to choosing fabric I must admit I do prefer to look and feel.

I also find I get really inspired when I go there. I look at literally everything in the shop. I know I sew and the majority of the shop is predominantly card making and other crafts but who's to say they can just be used for that.

I am on a bit of a mission at the moment for myself to try and think outside of the box when it comes to my sewing projects. I want to try and use different products in different ways and you will see from what I've bought where I'm going with this.

Now for a mini review of the store. The staff couldn't be any more friendly, they always greet you when you walk in and make sure your aware that they are there if you need any help and true to their word there is always someone around to help you. I like how they are always interested in what it is you might be making at the moment, it shows they too have an interest in sewing/crafting.

Don't forget whatever club inspire discount that you get online you also get in store they will just search for your account on the till.

Now for the good stuff, what did I buy? I always leave with a bag full because even though it isn't far it isn't like I go once a week so I like to be stocked up.

First I'll talk about the fabric that I bought. I bought red, black and navy supersoft faux leather. I bought these to make bags with my Debbie Shore build a bag templates. The navy geometric fabric, the heart fabric and the star fabric if you haven't noticed match my faux leather and I'm going to use these as linings.
I then got some of the adorn it fabrics as these where on sale and such a good deal but I didn't go mad and only got 2 different prints. Last but not least I bought the pink dog fabric, I have seen the yellow one before and loved it. I have made something with this already and I am in love with is so I'll be sure to show you that in another post.

Next I bought templates. First the Debbie shore fox template I have to Scotty dog one and wanted the fox one so I picked that up. Then I got some of the Sheena Douglas stencils, you may see where I'm going now with the thinking outside the box. I have used the camper van one on a few projects and love it.

Then I caved and bought 2 sets of the spectrum noir illustrator pens. I already have quite a few of the original spectrum noir pens and pencils and recently got the colourista marker range but I thought having a finer nib would be great. I then decided to get the trays to store them in. I have also put my colourista markers and sparkle pens in here. I only bought 1 set which is 6 trays and fits 72 pens and I have about 100 original spectrum noir pens so haven't stored those in here but I will definitely be investing in more trays.

So that's everything. Have you been to any of the Crafters companion shops yet? What did you think and what goodies did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment