Sunday 29 January 2017

Crafters companion- January projects- Try a new technique.

Hi everyone
So as promised here is what I have been making for my January projects for Crafters companion.
This time we where asked to try a new technique. Now over the past year or so I have tried out many techniques that I hadn't before such as English paper piecing but the one thing I have never tried and always thought to be quite scary was free motion embroidery or free machine embroidery which ever one you want to call it. I thought it was about time I had a go so I lowered the feed dogs on my machine and off I went. I don't know why I found the thought of it so scary. Safe to say I can't stop now and want to add it into as many projects as possible.
I only did a small project as I wasn't sure how my free motion skills would be. So decided to make a fabric covered notebook. 
I used the threaders ditsy floral fat quarters these fat quarters work so well for many projects I always want to have these in my stash!
I then used Debbie Shores heart nesting die for the little hearts and free motioned these on along with free motioning my name on there too.
To finish it off I used Debbie Shores Rose flower applique and cut this out in white felt and popped a pink button in the middle to give it a bit of colour. 
I hope this inspires you to try a new technique this year. I'd love to know what it is you want to try.
See below for products I have used.
Threaders Ditsy floral fat quarter bundle 
Debbie Shore heart frame die
http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/debbie-shore-metal-die-rose-flower.html
Debbie Shore rose flower die

No comments:

Post a Comment